Wednesday, March 11, 2015

For you, mather

You came to me in my dream again, mother
The longing for you startled my sleepy heart
I woke up and called your name like I used to as a child
While tears, coming down my face river-like

I often wake up in the night
And I search for you with all my heart and soul
Mother you are the longest of all longings
God, how far away the day I'll see you again seems

You're always smiling at me from the photograph
You look so young and so beautiful mother
I call out for you in vain
Mother, I have so much to say

And I talk to the photo in the middle of the night
Mother my soul needs you right now
Years and time have gone by
And I miss you, oh I miss you so much

I cry and tell you how sorry I am
I will always long for and greatly miss you
I curse at myself tonight though
For not being able to give you life from my own

No comments:

Post a Comment